Top 5 Benefits of IVR Phone Payments

What? No humans? 

IVR systems are sometimes this concept is a delight, and other times it can be a nightmare. It really just depends on what your customer is trying to do.

If there’s a complicated issue, you need a real employee that can think critically and act quickly. However, this should be 1% of your daily business incidences. The other 99% of calls can usually be handled by an IVR system, and the more intricate, smart, and user-friendly the system, the better.

What is IVR?

Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems are those convenient answering services that allow you to input various responses to different inquiries based on the numbers your customer chooses to press after hearing an audio directory.

You can imagine how simple it is to make payments, check availabilities, confirm appointments, etc.

Why Do IVR Systems Matter to Your Business?

Here are just a few of the ways that IVR systems can help take your business to the next level.

Accept Payments 24/7

While there may be things that IVRs simply can’t do, that doesn’t change the fact that your staff has to clock out at some point.

Being able to accept payments 24/7 is a great way to get paid faster and make it easier for your customers to manage their own payments.

Reduce Strain on Staff

Speaking of customers managing their own payments, this gives your staff more time to focus on other tasks for situations that can’t be handled by machines.

You’d be surprised at the number of calls that businesses receive simply asking for their operating hours (even when they’re listed online). While those calls are usually short, it DOES take time away from your staff, and it DOES add up.

Customer Experience

Convenience is always the goal and there’s nothing more forward than making a payment over the phone. Almost every major company, from Verizon to Apple, gives their customers the chance to quickly and easily make payments over with just a single phone call.

Great for Fast Growth 

New businesses don’t always succeed, but when they do, growth can be explosive. This might sound great, but companies with a small staff and less experience definitely feel growing pains.

IVR systems help alleviate that pain by utilizing all the features listed above so you can build a sustainable model for business growth and development.

Takeaways

IVR is simple, fast, and helps you build a more efficient company. While this technology can’t solve every little problem, it does help ease the strain on your employees. It can be a useful marketing tool to set your business apart.

You can also make suggestions to your customers, routing them to the right people before your employees even pick up the phone.